NEMA Board of Directors
The 8th Board of Directors for the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was inaugurated on May 31, 2021. The National Environment Act No.5 2019 requires the NEMA Board to have only one representative from the Ministry of Water and Environment and others who are not public officers.
The following are the members of the NEMA Board;
1. Prof. James Okot-Okumu; Board Chairperson
2. Dr. Priscilla Nyadoi; Member
3. Dr.Charles Ekure; Member
4. Dr. Florence Grace Adongo; Member
5. Eng. Katwiremu Yorokamu Bategana; Member
6. Ms. Christine Mayengo; Member
7. Mr. Can Amos Lapenga; Member
8. Mr. Jimmy Chemonges Kuka; Member
9.Barirega Akankwasah. PHD, Executive Director & Board Secretary
The National Environment Act guides that at least three members of the board must be environmental professionals.
The board is a mix of representatives and experts from different sectors including the environment, academia, gender, and the private sector.
Board members hold office for a tenure of three years and are eligible for reappointment for one more term.